Happy Holiday Season!
We realize it’s been quite some time since our last correspondence, but we’ve been busy for sure. As we end the year, we’d like to first thank all of our supporters. You are the ones who deserve the most credit as we help children with medical needs. Helping these children in medical need, you help us continue to honor our son Nixon Wildcard Hunter with every donation, and that couldn’t be done without you. From the bottom of our hearts we thank you, appreciate you, and are continually blown away by your generosity.
There’s a huge amount of information to cover so the easiest way to break this down is by categories and bullet points.
MANY THANKS TO:
- Fairmont Preparatory Academy - Raised $320 for us in a clothes drive.
- Tustin Brewing Company - Raised $353 for us on another “Wildcard Dine & Donate” night.
- Ripple Kids - Raised $50 for us just because they’re awesome.
- Max Love Project for letting us set up a booth for our book, “When I Grow Up”
- Jon Lancaric for getting us into the LACMA Art+Film exhibit to help share Nixon’s story. We love you and still tear up when we think about you. For those who don’t know or remember, Jon selflessly helped give Nixon’s story a voice.
- The McCarty Family, The Wilfords, Jim Best, Mike of Smoqued BBQ, and Lauren of Laurenly Boutique for completing the “Wildcard Kokohead Challenge.”
- Ryan Pawliw for completing his first Iron Man Triathlon sporting his Wildcard Army bracelet every painstaking step of the way.
We’re proud and grateful of you all and are truly touched Nixon Wildcard Hunter inspired you, at some point, in your journey to the finish line of those arduous goals!
OUR 2014 ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- We became 501(c)3 verified, which means we’re recognized on a State & Federal Level to be a charitable organization
- We have also become verified by GuideStar.org as a legitimate charitable organization
- Check out the home page of Wildcard Army to see how we’ve helped all the children this year as there are too many to list!
COOL STUFF TO KNOW:
- Wildcard Army can now be found on ebay when you’re buying or selling that vintage Strawberry Shortcake Lunchbox. There is a line that asks if you’d like to donate to a charity. All you have to do is type in our organization and we should pop up for you! You can save us as your preferred charity or just make it a one-time thing. Check it out next time you’re on there.
- Wildcard Army can also be found on amazon.com. When shopping on Amazon, all you have to do is type “smile.amazon.com” instead, and choose Wildcard Army as the charity of your choice. For every transaction/purchase, amazon will donate 0.05% of your sales amount to us. You can go to smile.amazon.com for more info on how this works, but just know we don’t see where the donations are coming from so your privacy is 100% protected. We don’t see who bought what, how much you spent on shoes, and toilet paper etc. All we see is a deposit into our account from amazon.
- We finally got into gear and started up our twitter and instagram accounts. Feel free to add us to your friends list. We promise we won’t clog up your feed!
Although we had intended to get another event in before years end, time got the best of us and we thought it’d be best to wait until the beginning of 2015. With that we ask for your help by going to Wildcard Army.org and donate $5, $10, or any amount you feel comfortable with. Just to put this in perspective, for the price of a lunch, your money can (and has been) pooled to literally help change the lives of many families. Please help celebrate #GivingTuesday by contributing to our very worthy cause.
We hope the rest of the year is a positive, happy, and grateful one for you and your family.